Monday 6 February 2017

On AFF2e SKILL and Skills: Collected


I thought I’d collect, for myself as much as anyone, my thoughts on how to use SKILL and Special Skills in AFF2e. But, more than anything, an AFF Director should have this table in their head, which helps them imagine an AFF character in as if they were written up in the most intuitive of skill systems, the percentile system used in BRP-derived games:
 
SKILL
2-
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11+
D100
3
10
15
30
40
60
70
80
90
98
 
These are rough numbers, of course, but rough approximation is all you need to ‘eyeball’ roll-under chances of success. So, beginning PCs in AFF2e typically have a range of Special Skills in the 70-80% range, and a general effectiveness of about 60%. Keeping this in the back of your mind when running a game helps you to judge how and when to call for Skill Tests.
 
Anyway, here are my previous musings:





And generally, on skill rolls in RPGs more generally – Skills as ‘Saving Throws’

1 comment:

  1. This (both probalities and links) are quite useful. You are really igniting my interest in AFF anew.

    ReplyDelete